4×4 Routes through Southern Africa -ePDF takes a detailed look at 20 great 4×4 routes across Southern Africa from the popular Cederberg and Richtersveld regions of South Africa to the Namib Desert in Namibia and East to Lesotho and Mozambique, even as far afield as Tanzania.
Each of the 20 routes are described in vast detail with contributions from reputable 4×4 operators, giving the book a unique perspective with descriptions as seen through the eyes of local experts.
Each chapter contains a detailed day-by-day description of a 4×4 route together with maps, colour images and GPS waypoints for use in conjunction with any GPS navigation system. The book is also jam-packed with information about the local fauna & flora and includes interesting facts about each of the regions travelled as well as tourist information and accommodation listings to help plan an overnight stay.
For the serious adventurer – each chapter indicates specific vehicle requirements, a kit checklist, road conditions & warnings, multi-day trails with expert advice, special vehicle driving skills required, self-sufficiency ratings and detailed distance charts for each route.
Routes in this book includes:
• Chapter 1 – Crossing the Cederberg – Tankwa to
• Chapter 2 – The West Coast – !Kwha ttu to Hondeklipbaai and beyond
• Chapter 3 – The Richtersveld – a place of great
• Chapter 4 – Khaudum and Mamili – explore the remote parks of the Caprivi
• Chapter 5 – The Kaokoland – an inhospitable
• Chapter 6 – The Namaqua Eco-Trail – an Orange River odyssey
• Chapter 7 – Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park – the place of great
• Chapter 8 – Central Kalahari Game Reserve – a true African wilderness
• Chapter 9 – Faces of the Namib – the world’s oldest desert
• Chapter 10 – Tanzania Wildebeest Migration
• Chapter 11 – Northeastern Botswana – a drive on the wild
• Chapter 12 – Angola – scenic inland and coastal splendours
• Chapter 13 – Liuwa Plains, Western
• Chapter 14 – Zimbabwe – a journey of the unexpected
• Chapter 15 – Southern Mozambique – tropical paradise on Africa’s eastern coast
• Chapter 16 – Transkei Wild Coast
• Chapter 17 – Great Limpopo – Soutpansberg and mythical Venda lore
• Chapter 18 – Tracing the Molopo River – one of Africa’s ancient rivers
• Chapter 19 – The Old Ox-wagon Route – a pioneering experience in the Southern Cape
• Chapter 20 – Lesotho – Kwahlamba, the barrier of spears
4×4 Routes through Southern Africa’ includes a FREE bonus CD with downloadable GPS tracks of all the routes, a digital packing list and PDF format maps.